(i) To the extent UNDERSTATE is required by law to do so, it may collect Your Information and verify your identity before Understate can trade with you.
(ii) By using the Website, or opening an Account with UNDERSTATE you agree to be bound by the following terms:
(a) UNDERSTATE will collect Your Information only by lawful and fair means;
(b) UNDERSTATE may also be necessary to collect Your Information from third parties, including credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and other government entities, and identify verification providers;
(c) UNDERSTATE collect and hold, use and disclose Your Information for purposes including the following:
- to allow you to open an Account;
- to provide Products and related services to you;
- to enable UNDERSTATE to perform its obligations to you and to ensure that you perform your obligations to UNDERSTATE;
- for communicating with you, including sending you information about Products and services;
- to maintain a credit information file on you and to carry out a credit assessment on you;
- to establish your bona fides;
- for the investigation of suspected unlawful, fraudulent or other improper activity connected with the use of our Products and services; and
- to comply with our legal and statutory obligations, including our obligations relating to identity verification and reporting under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Act 2006 (Cth), our licencing obligations under other applicable laws.
(iii) By opening an Account and providing Your Information you consent to Your Information being used by UNDERSTATE.
(iv) UNDERSTATE may disclose Your Information to third parties as follows:
(a) to a credit reporting agency;
(b) to UNDERSTATE’S contractors and external service providers associated with the operation of our business;
(c) to law enforcement agencies to assist in the prevention of criminal activities;
(d) to government and regulatory authorities and other organisations as required or authorised by law or otherwise permitted under the Privacy Act 1988 Cth;
(v) UNDERSTATE may disclose Your Information to a credit reporting agency for the purpose of obtaining an assessment of whether that personal information so disclosed matches (in whole or in part) the personal information held by the credit reporting agency. This process assists UNDERSTATE in verifying your identity as required by the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Act 2006.
(vi) The credit reporting agency may prepare and provide UNDERSTATE with such an assessment and may use Your Information as contained in any credit information file relating to you and other individuals for the purposes of preparing that assessment.
(vii) UNDERSTATE will take reasonable steps to protect Your Information it collects and ensure that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date.